Next urban poling Quick Start Clinics are
MARCH 22 & APRIL 12...Next 8-week session starts MARCH 23.
Please join us! ***
While studying health and physical
education at university, I never
imagined that one day I'd be running
my own personal training business,
travelling the country educating other
fitness pros and writing for national
magazines and newspapers.
My career began with great stints at places
like Toronto's Metro-Central YMCA and The Fitness
Later, I enjoyed several years managing
Manulife Financial's large corporate fitness facility.
Things changed considerably when I took a leave of absence from Manulife to sail from Toronto to Trinidad and back. After a carefree year spent in flip flops and sarongs, I loathed the idea of returning to the corporate world.
So instead, I harnessed my entrepreneurial skills and business contacts to shape a new career.
Today, many years later, I happily spend my days working with personal training clients, writing newspaper and magazine articles, and editing and blogging for corporate clients.
I love teaching Urban Poling Nordic walking classes and certification courses and
making special appearances.
My 9-to-5 friends can't believe I get to have this much fun making a living.
Sometimes I can't believe it either.
About my qualifications and memberships
- B.A. Health and Physical Education
- Canadian Professional Trainers Network - member
- canfitpro - member
- IDEA Health and Fitness Association - member
- Durham College Fitness and Health Promotion program – advisory board chairperson 2012/2013
- George Brown College Fitness & Lifestyle Management program – former advisory board member
- Seneca College Fitness Leadership program – former instructor (11 years)
Writing and Editing
- Ryerson University Magazine Publishing program (several courses)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada – member
Click here for testimonials from happy clients.